These policies describe the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accepted this policy when you signed up for our Service. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days’ prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Updates” page of our website. We last modified this Policy on May 25, 2018.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the FitForCommerce website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you subscribe to our emails, resources, etc., we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information – name, title, company name, address, phone, email, and other contact information
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies to display your email address on our sign-in form, so that you don’t need to retype the email address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint services and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services to you unless you have approved it.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so. FitForCommerce will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can contact us to access or change your personal information. If you’d like to be removed from our mailing list, click “unsubscribe” in the footer of the email from us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for EU citizens
FitForCommerce is compliant with GDPR for those covered.
- About GDPR and who’s covered
- In short, the GDPR aims to protect the “personal data” of EU citizens – including how the data is collected, stored, processed and destroyed.The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). The GDPR sets out the principles for data management and the rights of the individual, while also imposing fines that can be revenue-based. The General Data Protection Regulation covers all companies that deal with data of EU citizens. GDPR comes into effect across the EU on May 25, 2018.
- You own the data we collect from you. You have the rights to have your data: deleted, rectified and returned
- The personal data we collect is: name, telephone number, title, company name, email, location, IP addresses. We only collect data that has a specific purpose, such as providing better content and messaging
- We will notify you in case we have any breach of your data
- For more information or questions, contact us: email@example.com
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by using the “Contact Us” feature on our site or by writing to us at FitForCommerce, Attn: Privacy Department, 40 Highland Avenue, Short Hills NJ 07078.