December 13, 2013
Great content means longer site visits—and often more conversions—for Top 500 retailers
A new analysis of data available on Top500Guide.com on the duration of average site visits for the largest e-retailers in North America suggests that more time on site could be a good thing. And often, good content is the key to keeping customers on e-retail sites, says Kerry Martin, a senior consultant at e-commerce consultancy FitForCommerce.
“Shoppers tend to stay on a site longer where they are able to find relevant content,” says Kerry Martin, a senior consultant at e-commerce consultancy FitForCommerce. “And if shoppers are finding information valuable, it inspires confidence in them to purchase from you.” Social media is also key to driving conversions, she adds, because shoppers’ ability to share content leads to more interaction with the site.
- Upcoming Webinar, “Women of Digital Transformation In Real Estate”, To Discuss The Ongoing Shifts To Digital Customer Experience In Different Real Estate SectorsSeptember 16, 2020 - 11:21 am
- Now is the Time to Double-Down on Digital and OmnichannelAugust 17, 2020 - 1:30 pm
- How Fashion Is Using Tech to Weather the COVID StormJuly 23, 2020 - 11:16 am
- Next Day Delivery Is Now Normal: FitForCommerce StudyJuly 14, 2020 - 10:46 am
- BOPIS, BORIS Options Increase Due to Pandemic Ecommerce TrendsJuly 2, 2020 - 1:47 pm