Brand Manufacturers Going and Growing Online: The Operational Challenges of Selling Direct-to-Consumers
Today’s consumers have never had more options when it comes to researching and purchasing products. The ever-increasing online sales and the emergence of new digital channels, such as mobile and tablets, are a driving force in this changing retail landscape.
As a result, brand manufacturers are experiencing internal and external pressures to open up direct-to-consumer sales channels. The trend for brands to add a direct-to-consumer sales channel is quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception. However, there are many challenges brand manufacturers must understand and overcome in order to achieve a profitable direct-to-consumer business.
This whitepaper will explore:
- The internal and external pressures for brand manufacturers to establish direct-to-consumer sales channels
- The benefits and pitfalls of selling direct-to-consumers
- The financial model for direct-to-consumer commerce, and fulfillment versus distribution
- The operational challenges of launching and operating a direct-to-consumer sales channel
- How brand manufacturers can address the challenges to ensure operational effectiveness
Jose Munoz, Sr. Consultant, FitForCommerce